According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, around 22 million people in the U.S. over age 40 suffer from cataracts.… Read More
Dr. Alan Faulkner
Alan R. Faulkner, M.D., Diplomate American Board of Ophthalmology
Dr. Alan Faulkner grew up in Hawaii from the age of eight, graduating from Punahou High School in Honolulu. He went on to receive his Bachelor of Arts degree from Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois and graduated from Tulane Medical School in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1986. While in medical school he was elected to the National Medical School Honors Society Alpha Omega Alpha. He remained at Tulane, completing an internship in Internal Medicine, residency training in Ophthalmology, and a Fellowship in Oculoplastics, Ocular Oncology, and Orbital Disease.
His training complete, Dr. Faulkner joined the full-time faculty at Tulane as an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology before going on to practice general ophthalmology and refractive surgery. In June 2000, Dr. Alan Faulkner joined his father’s practice in Honolulu at Faulkner Eye Institute, and in July 2001 founded Aloha Laser Vision, LLC.
Dr. Alan Faulkner is not only an experienced eye surgeon, he is also a dedicated listener, and your needs and goals are very important to the treatment process. Dr. Faulkner is committed to developing a full understanding of the results you desire, answering all of your questions, and helping you determine which procedure may be the best option for your ultimate goals. At Aloha Laser Vision, we believe that honest, open communication between patients and staff is key to successful treatment and great results!
While at Tulane University, Dr. Alan Faulkner served on many academic committees and held several leadership positions, including:
- Residency Program Director of Ophthalmology (four years)
- Ophthalmology Section Chief at Charity Hospital of New Orleans
- Directing the Oculoplastics, Ocular Oncology, and Orbital Disease Service at Tulane University Medical Center
- Board Member and Associate Medical Director of the Southern Eye Bank
Memberships and Associations
Dr. Alan Faulkner is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and currently holds the following positions:
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Member of the International Society of Refractive Surgeons
- Member of the Hawaii Ophthalmological Society
- Alcon Refractive and Clinical Advisory Board
- Founding Member of the American College of Ophthalmic Surgery
To learn more about our laser eye surgeon, Dr. Alan Faulkner, or the laser eye surgery procedures we offer at our practice in Honolulu, Hawaii, contact us today!
Contact Our Laser Eye Surgeon in Honolulu, Hawaii
We welcome you to our practice and invite you to contact Aloha Laser Vision for further information or to schedule a consultation to discuss your eye care concerns. Please contact Aloha Laser Vision today to learn more about how we can meet your vision needs.