Dr. Neda Nikpoor is a fellowship-trained and board-certified ophthalmologist performing cataract, cornea, and LASIK surgery at Aloha Laser Vision. As a highly acclaimed ophthalmologist, Dr. Nikpoor has made a positive global impact during her career.
After receiving her medical degree from the University of Oklahoma, Dr. Nikpoor went to Miami for her residency in Ophthalmology at the #1 eye hospital and residency program in the United States. After completing her residency at the Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, she remained for her fellowship in Cornea, External Disease, and Refractive Surgery. Her work has led to numerous publications in prominent peer-reviewed publications, such as Ophthalmology, Cornea, and The American Journal of Ophthalmology. She has been invited to present her work at numerous regional, national, and international meetings. She has also published several textbook chapters.
Upon completing her formal training, Dr. Nikpoor elected to spend a year serving those less fortunate and restoring sight for the poorest of the poor. She was selected for a unique fellowship opportunity during which she performed hundreds of complex cataract and cornea surgeries and taught extensively in Asia and Africa. She worked as a clinical instructor at Stanford University while in the United States. During this time, she worked with the Himalayan Cataract Project, a non-profit organization that has revolutionized the way ophthalmology is practiced in the developing world. With 13 million people in the world blind from cataracts, Dr. Nikpoor’s passion when she is not at Aloha Laser Vision is doing everything she can to help eradicate global blindness.
After her year of service, Dr. Nikpoor provided state-of-the-art cataract, refractive, and cornea care to her patients in Orange County, California. She left her practice in Southern California to join Dr. Alan Faulkner at Aloha Laser Vision. She was impressed by Dr. Faulkner’s unique combination of using cutting edge technology to deliver the best possible visual outcomes while also treating patients like family.
Aside from her deep commitment to helping her patients see better—whether by using the best technology available here in Honolulu or through innovative, cost-effective solutions in the developing world—Dr. Nikpoor loves exploring Hawaii with her husband. She enjoys yoga, hiking, rock climbing, and learning to surf.
- B.S. in Microbiology with minor in Medical Humanities, summa cum laude, University of Oklahoma
- B.A. in Spanish, University of Oklahoma
- M.D., University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Internship, John Peter Smith Hospital
- Ophthalmology Residency, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
- Fellowship in Cornea, External Disease, and Refractive Surgery, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute
- Fellowship in Global Ophthalmology, Byers Eye Institute at Stanford University
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Cornea Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Refractive Surgery Alliance
- American-European Congress of Ophthalmic Surgery (membership to this prestigious society of ophthalmic surgeons is by invitation only)
- Alpha Omega Alpha (honor society membership awarded to the top approximately 10% of medical students for high academic achievement, leadership, professionalism, firm sense of ethics, and commitment to service)
To make an appointment with Dr. Nikpoor, please contact Aloha Laser Vision.
*Individual Results May Vary